Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Fun

Sorry, no pictures for this post. We had a wonderful memorial day. The weather has been perfect. Jack and I rode our bikes down to the fun run this morning, and then borrowed Shelyn's jogging stroller for the race. It was a 3K. We have a friend who took 2nd last year, and was pretty determined to take 1st this year. He succeeded. His time was 9 min 2 seconds. Super impressive. I jogged with Jack until Shelyn's daughter joined him in the stroller, then I ran ahead of them. I finished just a few minutes before them (because I wasn't pushing 2 kids in a stroller). I saw a lot of people I know, and a ton of my former students from the middle school. It was great to see everyone. And like I said, the weather for the run was perfect, and now I know where to start and finish if I want to run 3k. 
After the race, Jack and I went back home to him to take a nap. Then we headed back to Shelyn's for an awesome BBQ. We had Argentine food. I think I ate enough meat to last for the next month at least. It was absolutely delicious. We spent most of the day there, and then came home to play with Jack for a few hours before bed. What a great day!
Something cute that Jack did today: Shelyn has one big stair onto a small porch, and then another big stair onto the ground outside. Jack would climb up both, and then turn around and try to walk down each step without falling. He tried and tried and tried. I was amazed how many times he was willing to fall to his knees before he finally got it right. He successfully stepped down both stairs without falling, and he just grinned and clapped and grinned and clapped and all of us cheered so loud for him. It was the best. I am so proud of the perseverance my little man already has. What a lucky mom I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment