Sunday, June 22, 2014

It's Alive!!!!!!

I decided to give it a shot this year and grow a garden. Our landlords gave me this strip of land and said go for it! And let me tell you, plants love the east coast. 


The dirt that is showing will soon be covered by my zucchini plant. It is about the "explode." In retrospect, I probably planted too much too close together, but it all seems happy anyway. 

Of the things that I have planted, here is what is now giving us produce:


Cucumbers


Strawberries 


Cherry Tomatoes


Peas


JalapeƱos 


Green peppers


And big boy tomatoes!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Brittany - you are a woman of many skills - now I have to add 'gardner' to your resume! Watch that zuchinni - it will usurp the entire area. Maybe you have heard the joke around here where people pick zuchinni and put it on the porches of unsuspecting neighbors at night - and then run! Your garden will really help with the grocery bill.

    By the way, I'm impressed with Jack's interest in soccer. I can see him now playing soccer in a few years. Just make sure you teach him not to head-butt the ball. He looks so cute watching the World Cup with his Daddy.

    I love you, Grandma Lewis

    ReplyDelete