Sunday, June 1, 2014

DC and "Circles"

I picked up my parents from the airport wednesday night pretty late. We then got up early Thursday morning to go stand in line to get tickets to go up into the Washington Monument. They closed the Monument after the EarthQuake in August of 2011, so we had never had an opportunity to see it. They just recently opened it back up. 


It was Mom, Jack, Tony and me that went into DC. My Dad went with a friend to the Chesapeake Bay to go on an overnight sailing trip. It was just the relaxation that he needed. 


We were able to get tickets set for a few hours later, so Tony went to work, and my mom, Jack and I went to a tour of the Bureau of Engravings. Jack did not love it, but my mom and I thought it was interesting. They show you how they make US money. 


Then we took a quick snack break.


And then went to the transportation section of the Museum of American History. Needless to say, Jack loved it. 


And then up up up into the Washington monument. This is us looking out over DC. 



If you squint, you can see the LDS Washington DC temple in the distance. 



After our tour, we stopped for gyros and then picked up Tony's laptop so he could finish out his workday at home. 


Then we changed Jack into swimming gear and headed to "circles." (that is Jack's name for Target because of the two big red circles). Outside of the Target is a small splash pad that he loves. 



And inside the target are a bunch of escalators, which he also loves. 


And here was his Sunday best (I figured it didn't need its very own post). 


No comments:

Post a Comment