Monday, March 25, 2013

Positive Preliminary Results

Last Wednesday Tony had a Bone Marrow Biopsy to check for cancer cells. That is protocol after a transplant. Day 100 is Bone Marrow Biopsy. We have results back from the bone marrow and there were no cancer cells. We are still waiting on the results on the actual bone. But so far, so good. Tony is starting to feel quite a bit better. We just need the weather to warm up so we can get him outside and walking more. 

Last week Jack and I were both sick. Wednesday afternoon he started throwing up, and then came the fever, and then the diarrhea. He was sick for 3 days. Poor little guy. I wish I would have taken a picture though, because he just sat in my lap for 2 hours. (New record). He was so sick, he didn't want to move. It broke my heart, but I secretly loved cuddling with him. Luckily, neither Tony or I caught Jack's bug, but I got a horrible cold. It was a mean one. Jack and I ended up avoiding Tony, (so we wouldn't get him sick), so I ended up sleeping in Jack's room. And Friday was the day that I finally broke. We were rushing from Jack's appointment to Tony's appointment, and there was laundry all over the house, and then our costco sized liquid laundry detergent fell off of the top of the dryer and broke open. Green goo everywhere. I ended up calling in reinforcements because there was no way I could get it all done on my own. (Jack had 5 diarrhea diapers in 1 hour). So thank you to my wonderful reinforcements. I could not have done it without you. 


Jack is turning into quite the book worm. As you can see, he is surrounded by his books, and he reads them over and over. He can spend quite a bit of time just flipping through pages. I told him to look up at me for the picture and he was like "mom, stop distracting me." He is such a character. 

We had around 6 inches of snow outside when we woke up this morning. I think that Virginia forgot that it is supposed to be spring. They were originally predicting the peak of the cherry blossoms to be next week......I don't think that's gonna happen. We still look like winter out here, but we have been keeping the bird bath and bird feeder full outside our window, and it is fun to watch the critters. The birds had no idea that they were returning too early. We counted 15 robins out on the lawn yesterday. It was a very cool sight.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Tony is improving, sad to hear that you and Jack were sick. That's no fun! Glad you two are better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been so strong through this all, Brittany. We all get to the breaking point at some time. I'm glad you had loved ones to help you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are my cardinals back? I love to watch them and the squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news for Tony! I'm so glad you have people you can call at those awful times. Every time I see a picture of Jack, it makes me smile, he's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tony and Brittany,
    This is wonderful news. Even with all the sickness you've had, you have reason to celebrate Tony's continuing recovery. I love you, Grandma Lewis

    ReplyDelete