Sunday, March 13, 2022

Regular Food!!!

 They finally allowed Tony back onto a regular diet this morning. The first thing he ordered were some grapes. Then he had more grapes for lunch and a sandwich. He is very excited about this important step forward. His blood counts are keeping us on our toes. Sometimes they go up, and sometimes they go down. Once they really decide to go up, it should happen quickly. But for now the numbers are nominal. 

Tony is also excited about not having to do the pee pee dance all the time now. (direct quote) He is not intaking as many fluids intravenously, so now he doesn't have to get up a billion times at night to pee. 

The Kennedy's have been out here for almost 2 weeks helping run our household while I am up at the hospital with Tony. I absolutely would not have survived the last 2 weeks without them. Lara went above and beyond and even planned a birthday party for Jack. And Matthew took Jack to see a touring Broadway showing of Fiddler on the Roof. This week, they were supposed to be in the Bahamas, and the weekend before we were all supposed on a cruise together. But they decided to cancel all their vacation plans, and come and pick up all the pieces as I continuously fall apart. I am so grateful for Lara. She has truly held me and my kids together through these impossible weeks. She always seems to know exactly what I need before even I do. They are leaving tomorrow, and I am already looking forward to living within 20 minutes of each other again once we get to Utah. 



No comments:

Post a Comment