Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Kidney Stones

We have had some fun filled weeks that have led straight into each other. We had cousins in town from Connecticut, followed directly by our Vegas trip, then one day to prepare for Kevin and Tony's parents, and then Tony's family and my family overlapped a bit as we prepared for my family's trip to the outer banks. So it was quite a bit of fun craziness. Well, right in the middle of it, and fortunately while Amanda was here to save the day and take care of Jack (Tony was in New York with his parents and Kevin), I thought I was in labor and I went to the hospital. It is a scary thought to think you are in labor at just shy of 20 weeks. 
Fortunately, I was not in labor. Unfortunately, I had two kidney stones.
For those that haven't experienced the joy of kidney stones....don't. 
The pain is worse than child birth.
So I had a lovely stay in the hospital while I passed the two stones, and then we went straight down to the Outer banks with my parents and Amanda and kids for a relaxing week at the beach. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brittany and Tony, These are fabulous photos of everyone. Makes me almost think I was there with you. Sorry about the Kidney Stones Brittany. Grandpa Lewis used to get those regularly, and they are just terrible. We always wished he could pass them really fast - but that never happened.

    You and Amanda have quite the baby 'bumps' now.

    I love you all. Grandma Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I had kidney stones when I was pregnant with my first! It was too big to pass so they had to surgically remove it and it was the WORST pain! I feel ya girl! Take care of yourself and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete