Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkins All Around



So we had 2 episodes of pumpkin carving this year. The first day was with the Hamiltons where I did this beauty....... It was supposed to be Spock, but it went horribly wrong because I was using too big of a knife for the intricate carvings. It actually looked better before it stayed outside for a few days and began falling apart. You can kind of see his ear on the left....but yeah, kind of a failure. But it was fun anyway.


Tonight, we decided to give carving a second round. We both focused hard and used smaller knives. The going was tough, but we finally succeeded in carving some pretty sweet pumpkins. Guess whose is whose :) 


The store across the street was giving one free pumpkin to each costumer on halloween, so we actually got one extra pumpkin which I baked and pureed. Then I made pumpkin muffins with the puree, and then froze the rest for future muffins and cookies, and for baby food for Jack. I am starting to like this pumpkin stuff. Pumpkins are pretty rad. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony and Brittany,

    Those are fantastic JACK'o'lanterns. I'm not surprised about the Pirate Ship. Brittany, your culinary efforts are outstanding. I love you, Grandma Lewis

    ReplyDelete