Sunday, September 23, 2012

On the Move

Jack is now officially mobile. He can army crawl wherever he wants. Between rolling and army crawling, he gets around super fast. I don't think any parent can fully prepare themselves for the moment that they can no longer have anything in reach of a curious baby. I never knew how much stuff was really on the ground. I now wish outlets were on the ceiling so that there weren't cords laying all over. I lay Jack down in the middle of what I think is a clean, safe room and then watch as he finds the only possible thing he can get into within seconds. He is a really smart little guy. We actually really really love watching him scope out the room and choose his target. I think every new age he gets to is my favorite new age. He just gets cuter and cuter. And more and more fun. Ah, the joys of parenthood!





Tony starts chemo on Monday. We have had a wonderful few weeks while he was feeling better. We toured a ton of DC and got to enjoy the beautiful September weather. We recently got to go to a butterfly exhibit in the Museum of Natural history. Jack loved watching the butterflies, and I got to hold one on a paintbrush. It was pretty cool. We are going to miss the exhibits and the great outdoors as he recovers from this next session of chemo. If anyone has any great ideas for indoor activities, shoot them our way. :)




Also, we should know by the end of this week if any of the 3 Europeans that they are testing are matches for the transplant. We think it is pretty awesome that he may end up with blood from a foreign country. People are so generous all around the world! We are so lucky! If one of these 3 guys is a match, then we will likely do the Transplant in November. Cross your fingers!

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you! And there are tons of ideas on Pinterest. Send me a text if you need an invite to the site. I have tons of pins on my "future kids" board that my aunt has pretty much tested for me. One of them was letting her son paint... not what you think. She took cool whip and put food coloring in it, and let him paint on some paper she set on the floor. Easy to make, easy to clean up and it's edible. She said that was the best rainy day activity she could have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk if you'd want to do this inside but you might try it. The game is you throw one ball into the center(ish) of the room, then everyone else throws their own ball to try and get the closest. SO, it could be hazarous inside but not if you are careful. puzzles are always good ;) also, one that I think i'm going to do is you have both partners separately write two 'dream days' down and then discuss what you've created. it helps you to learn a lot about each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an European :) Fred and I are still waiting for the results to see if one of us are a good match and we really hope to be able to help Tony.
    Jack is way sweet! Just wait until he starts walking...

    ReplyDelete