Friday, March 6, 2015

Big News

Well, we have several big ticket, big news items to discuss today:

First of the lot: 


I got braces in January. We have an awesome orthodontist in our ward. I took this picture the same day. That's why I look sore. I was sore. But they feel great now, and I can already see my teeth straightening. 

Second item:

I am pregnant with twins! They were squirmy, so we couldn't get a good angle on both of them in the same picture. So this is what we have. I have been pretty sick growing two babies, so I have actually quit nearly everything I do. I spend a lot of time in bed or laying on the couch or the floor with my special 2 year old caretaker. 
They are due the first week of October, but expected in September.
(break for a cute story): Tony was out of town last week attending a funeral. I told Jack he had to go to bed without songs because it was past his bedtime. I told him I would go to bed without songs too. That prospect made him sad, so he tucked ME into bed, sang "I am a Child of God" and then turned off all the lights and shut all the doors and put himself to bed. He is growing up so fast. He will be a great big brother. 


Speaking of growing up so fast. Some of you know Jack has been halfway potty trained for months and months. He peed in the potty, but whenever he needed to poop he would ask for the diaper. He was too scared to poop in the potty. But this last month, he was brave and started pooping in the potty. So he is officially potty trained. He loves it so much he often poops in the potty 3 times a day. His reward of choice? A mint.

I was so sick on Monday, that I accidentally put him to bed without a diaper. In the morning, he woke me up and said he needed to go potty. I reminded him that he was in a diaper at night and he reminded me that I forgot. So he actually stayed dry the whole night and then got up to go potty in the morning. Quite the responsible kid. 


Also, my little boy turns 3 on Tuesday! I asked him what he wanted on his birthday cake, and he said "vegetables"
...not exactly sure where to go with that. 

Fortunately, with the pregnancy, my doctors have put me on a new medication that was made specifically for pregnancy nausea. On days I keep it down, I do pretty well. 

7 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! SOOOO excited for you!!! This news is fantastic. CONGRATS! Hope you are getting rest and get lots of help from your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Twins, so exciting!!! Your little boy is growing up so fast! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you want me to make him this for his birthday? http://thegreenforks.com/popeye-muffins/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so exciting! I can't believe you are having twins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Brittany and Tony,

    I just knew it would be twins. I didn't bet on the morning sickness though. I hope that doesn't last too long. Jack really is a good helper. Have Tony help him do more. I love you, Grandma Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Brittany,

    I got so excited about news of the twins, I forgot to comment on your teeth. Why have I never noticed anything wrong with your teeth? I hope that goes well. Love, Grandma Lewis

    ReplyDelete